Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 12 months ago

Why is having an I.D. to vote racists?? you need one to buy cigarettes, alcohol, a house, get a job etc..?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because it "discriminates" against illegals, and those who want to vote multiple times.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 12 months ago

It's not racist and anyone can get one, most of the time for free or very little money.

• 12 months ago

because people dont want to pay moneeyyyyy

or go to the stupid DMV

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

I was at the DMV to get a driver license and also register to vote, I showed by birth certificate to get the driver license and the clerk knew that when I registered to vote. The state already knows I'm a citizen, why should I have to show ID again to vote?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Because ID is not free, including state-issued ID like a driver's license, and the poor population is often also a minority population. They are also the most likely not to own a vehicle or a house. Often they have no bank account and their jobs may pay under the table, no ID required.

Maybe it's nothing to you to pay for ID, but when you're just barely scraping by, that cost might as well be hundreds of dollars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.