Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Why do atheists think they are smart?

Haha so silly to think something like that.

How could a nonbeliever be smart?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because your god said let us be

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Most atheists don't claim to be smarter than religious people. But, after reading your question, in the back of my mind, I suddenly see myself somewhat smarter then you simply because of your question...….BAM!

• Glenn S
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Of course you do.....that was the point of the question....Atheists being self deceived.

• 6 months ago

You will notice it is only Atheists that think they are smart.

What does that tell you?

• ...Show all comments
    • Ted K
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Everything is relative, and that includes being smart. When compared with say, you, yes, we are smart. We give credit where credit is due.

• Doc
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Have you ever seen Eric Hovind ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I'm sure it's for a better reason than the one that you have.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

By reciting the rosary each day with care, a person can become more truly wise and can know with certainty God exists.

• 6 months ago

Certain statistics that say that on the average, atheists are smarter than Christians. But, intelligence is no more of a requirement to believe that their is no God than it is to beleive that their is a God.

My experience is that most atheists are closed minded, and are not interested in any evidence that they is a God. If they were, they would seek the evidence themselves, rather than demand the evidence.

• ...Show all comments
    • Climate Realist
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Caesar

<There is plenty of evidence that religions are a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality and the very idea of gods is a product of the human imagination.>

Really? Or, perhaps you have never looked into any religion with an open mind.

• 6 months ago

The biblical definition of a fool is one who denies the existence of God.

• ...Show all comments
    • Ted K
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

It was very relevant--the "logic" used to justify the bible as anthoritative judgement on itself is the same kind of logic used in justifying Trump as an authoritative judge of his own intelligence. Don't try to blame the analogy when you are just too dim to understand it.

• 6 months ago

Not that smart but smarter than you. Not really fair but your parents raised an idiot.

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

We are not but in places like these some theist make us look like we are like a genius but we are not... is not our fault.

Their need for some theist to spread their "truth" under anonymous shame also does not help...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.