Why does my girlfriend feel a dark presence/energy whenever she’s alone?

My girlfriend and I have a long distance relationship and I first visited her last summer. Yesterday she told me that whenever she’s alone (even if I’m only going to the bathroom) she feels a dark energy right behind her back (nowhere else, only behind her). She suffers from Generalized Anxiety and has trouble... show more My girlfriend and I have a long distance relationship and I first visited her last summer. Yesterday she told me that whenever she’s alone (even if I’m only going to the bathroom) she feels a dark energy right behind her back (nowhere else, only behind her). She suffers from Generalized Anxiety and has trouble being away from people which I know is a common symptom, but not the dark energy she feels behind her back, as she usually hides under her safety blanket whenever I leave the room.

The reason I mentioned that I visited her last summer was because ever since we met physically she has felt this dark energy even stronger.

She doesn’t suffer from any other disorder except Anxiety (and possibly Dissociation but it’s not diagnosed), so what could this be? I’ve been worried about this since she told me about it and I couldn’t find any answers on any psychiatric website.
Thanks in advance for any answers.
4 answers 4