Is there any evidence to support the theory that raising a cat from youth reduces the allergic reaction?

I am highly allergic to cats and get extremely wheezy and stuffed up when I visit people s homes who have cats. However, I have grown up with cats and have had many cats of my own, all strays and raised from 6-8 weeks old. I have never had allergies to my own cats. Is there evidence that if you raise a cat since it... show more I am highly allergic to cats and get extremely wheezy and stuffed up when I visit people s homes who have cats. However, I have grown up with cats and have had many cats of my own, all strays and raised from 6-8 weeks old. I have never had allergies to my own cats. Is there evidence that if you raise a cat since it was a kitten, you re adjusting yourself to it s allergens? Or that from long-term exposure in my own home, my allergies reduce? I have stayed up to a week in other people s homes with cats and had an allergic reaction the entire time. It s the same for all breeds too. I have had mostly domestic shorthairs, for reference.