Lll asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 5 months ago

Do you have to wait until your missed period to take a pregnancy test?

I usually get my period on the 15th, last month I took Plan b pill. I got my period last month on the 24th. I waited atleast 10 and 14 days since I had sex like multiple times and I got a faint line on both tests. Like a superrrrrrrrr faint line but I know a faint line when I see one and I made an appointment to get a blood test tomorrow. Is it too soon to test? I'm willing to pay to find out sooner.

Yep. I waited a few weeks.

There are only a few reasons (That would apply to you), that anyone would ever get a false positive.

Some fertility medications can cause false positives.

If you've interpreted your test's results after around 10 minutes, it's considered inaccurate. (The instructions mention this) It could also be an evaporation line.

That being said, if you've followed the instructions directly how you're suppose to, the odds of having a legitimate false positive are almost nothing. You wouldn't have a positive result unless you're pregnant.

If you're getting faint positives, it is not too soon. A blood test can reliably tell you whether or not you're pregnant 8-10 past ovulation. They are typically more sensitive than urine tests.

No - you don't have to wait until you miss a period to take a test. BUT - any home test done BEFORE the missing period MIGHT NOT be accurate.

Ovulation USUALLY happens about 14 days before the next expected period. It takes about 14 days after conception for the hormones of pregnancy to become strong enough to read on the average home test. That is why waiting for the missing period is usually the best way to test.

However, if you have super irregular periods and don't have a good time line on when to expect a period, a pregnancy test will also be accurate when it has been 21 days since you had sex. Of course, if you have sex often, that doesn't help much.

• Juana

A faint line can mean positive. I had a faint line when I was pregnant the second time. By then my pregnancy had already ended on its own, and I think that was the reason for the faint color. Don't over read this, does not mean if you are pregnant that it's not viable. Just saying, faint lines are possible positives.

Plan B messes up your cycle for a few months so unless you have had sex since you took plan b then not pregnant