Dorm Decorating! Command hooks/strips?

Hi! I'm about to be a freshman in college and I'm in the middle of decorating my dorm room! I bought this circle shelf and plan to hang it on the wall on the side of my bed that is against the wall. Because it's a dorm room, I cannot use nails or screws, and have to resort to command hooks or strips. I included a picture and the blue circles are where I think good places are to put the hooks. /////// The shelf is a diameter of 25 inches and weighs about 4 lbs!

Do you think it's even possible for me to hang it on the wall with command strips or hooks? Which Command products do you recommend and where should I put them on the shelf?

Thank you!

• drip

These may work better and fit through the grid on your shelf

https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/command/products/...

• Common Sense

The weight limit on those hooks is 5lbs. The shelf is 4lbs, plus the contents of the shelf will exceed the weight limit. But, if you use three hooks, would that mean there is a 15lb weight limit, I wonder.

You can try with the hooks that state the weight they hold (get the ones that will hold the most weight) but be aware that it may not hold and the shelf may come down, sometimes they do just come down. Dont put anything heavy on the shelf to add to the weight and dont put anything breakable until you determine if it will hold.