Can CPS take my 10 year old sister away if my parents don’t want to get her assessed for autism (she has no signs of abnormal behaviour)?

Earlier this year, her school wanted my parents to get her assessed for special needs because she only plays with 5-6 year old kids. As in, she doesn’t have friends her own age and isn’t interested. My dad researched autism and says my sister has no other symptoms besides this one. She only seems kinda immature for... show more Earlier this year, her school wanted my parents to get her assessed for special needs because she only plays with 5-6 year old kids. As in, she doesn’t have friends her own age and isn’t interested. My dad researched autism and says my sister has no other symptoms besides this one. She only seems kinda immature for her age, that’s all. Her schoolwork is okay and she was meeting all her milestones during baby/toddler years. The social worker left because she saw no problem. But now, she came back saying someone reported my parents again. I was confused because it’s summertime and she has no school. It might’ve been someone from her daycamp who observes her playtime (which is related to our school district). I don’t know. They said they have to do an investigation.
11 answers 11