Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

When do children start nursery in the uk?

I find it confusing because i am from Australia but am living in the uk now. Im not pregnant yet but desided to look into nurseries. Lets say for example my child was born 1 November 2021, when would they start nursery and when would you apply?

What's difficult about looking at the government website? Where in the UK exactly? What type of nursery? Private nursery any age because you're paying for it.

Free? 30 hours of free childcare is available to all 3 and 4 year olds in England. The parents have to be working to get this. You apply and they confirm you're eligible, then the funding is given and will begin the term after the child is 3. If you're born in November the term after is Spring term (so starting in January.) You apply upto 16 weeks before the childs 3rd birthday.

Scotland likely has slightly different rules.

• jules7 months agoReport

So I can plan when to have the next one and decide on the best birth control in the meantime.

There's the Nursery class for children who are 3 in September, but there are also nurseries which care for children from (usually) 3 months until they start school.

When they are 3 years old and normally you enrol then when they are around 2 years old and usually start after Christmas, Easter or summer break or the nearest time to when the nursery has a space for the child, they also have to be toilet trained or they don't get into nursery. My friends child was 3 in February and they started nursery in April