Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 6 months ago

Is facing the corner for a punishment old fashioned?

So I was just wondering peoples opinions on standing a Child and making them face the corner as a punishment. What do you think about this? Also writing lines when bad behaviour has occurred. What do we think about these punishments?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I think they are amongst the classics that will never become old fashioned. Facing in the corner is the same as the "time out".

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

I found it was best to let the logical consequences of the action teach the lesson as much as possible. Time out of the company of others might be a logical consequence for rude behavior.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

yes it is, a better way is to put a child in time out sitting out their bed to think about their action. making them stand in a corner facing the wall is focusing on embarrassing the child. sending them to sit on their bed and think about their actions encourages them to calm down and realise what they did wrong so they can do better next time.

• edward
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why don’t you just stone them? It’s a lot easier to dodge stones than trying to keep a kid still in the boring corner

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Ineffective except for very young children. We punished little, preferring positive reinforcement to get the desired outcome. When we punished, it fit the "crime," whatever the child had to do or not do related to the offense. You make a mess, you do some cleaning, like that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.