Can i copy my key at a hardware store to specifically be only used for my car trunk?

TL;DR does a 2008 mustang have a trunk transponder that i have to worry about if i wanted to copy a key at a hardware store? The key for my v6 2008 mustang does not reach all the way into inside the trunk lock as it is not the original key and the trunk lock has the raised mustang logo in it. Those of you familiar... show more TL;DR does a 2008 mustang have a trunk transponder that i have to worry about if i wanted to copy a key at a hardware store?

The key for my v6 2008 mustang does not reach all the way into inside the trunk lock as it is not the original key and the trunk lock has the raised mustang logo in it. Those of you familiar with gen 5 mustang are also familiar with the silly fact that there is no trunk release inside the car. Therefore, i cannot get in to my trunk if my key fob dies. Considering how old these keys are, and the chance that i get them wet and render the fob unusable, I want to get a key that is specifically for the trunk. I am wondering if it is possible to copy the key i already have that is not the original onto a Home Depot or other hardware store key, what with transponders and such. I fear that I will have to pay the stupid $80+ fee from Ford to get a transponder key programmed, when i can just buy a normal key and key it at home depot for $5. All just for the security in knowing i will be able to open my trunk in case of a dead fob battery or some water accident.
0