Do I have tonsillitis?

About 5-6 days ago I started feeling a little bit under the weather; scratchy throat, sinus headaches, sniffling, etc. And as the days progressed (about 2 days later) my sore throat only got worse, while my other symptoms seemed to get better. Usually my sore throats go away within 1-2 days, but this one has... show more About 5-6 days ago I started feeling a little bit under the weather; scratchy throat, sinus headaches, sniffling, etc. And as the days progressed (about 2 days later) my sore throat only got worse, while my other symptoms seemed to get better.

Usually my sore throats go away within 1-2 days, but this one has lasted about 4 days and hasn’t started to feel any better. It really hurts to swallow, and the only relief I get is when I take ibuprofen, but that’s obviously temporary.

I thought that maybe it could be strep, but I *don’t* have a fever, and I’m also experiencing other cold symptoms (stuffy nose, sinus headaches, postnasal drip). Could it be tonsillitis instead?
Update: I forgot to mention that I also don't have any lymph nodes on my neck, nor any noticeable spotting on my tonsils. I did also develop a cough this morning, which is usually one of the last cold symptoms I experience as a side effect of my congestion.
2 answers 2