Do I have tonsillitis?

About 5-6 days ago I started feeling a little bit under the weather; scratchy throat, sinus headaches, sniffling, etc. And as the days progressed (about 2 days later) my sore throat only got worse, while my other symptoms seemed to get better.

Usually my sore throats go away within 1-2 days, but this one has lasted about 4 days and hasn’t started to feel any better. It really hurts to swallow, and the only relief I get is when I take ibuprofen, but that’s obviously temporary.

I thought that maybe it could be strep, but I *don’t* have a fever, and I’m also experiencing other cold symptoms (stuffy nose, sinus headaches, postnasal drip). Could it be tonsillitis instead?

I forgot to mention that I also don't have any lymph nodes on my neck, nor any noticeable spotting on my tonsils. I did also develop a cough this morning, which is usually one of the last cold symptoms I experience as a side effect of my congestion.

Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils usually caused by streptococcal or less commonly a viral infection.

It might be wise to see your health care provider for proper treatments if they are needed.

Tonsillitis is simply an infection of the tonsils, you sound like you have more of an upper respiratory viral infection.