Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 months ago

Why did all the previous live-action versions of Disney cartoon characters get to keep their skin tone but Ariel doesn't?

Disney has set a precedent of trying to make the live-action versions of their cartoon characters look as similar to the cartoon as possible. Yet, all of a sudden, Ariel gets completely changed from a white character to a black one. Why? Why does she get the short straw? You don't need to say anything about me already asking this question because I know I did. The only reason I'm re-asking it is because it got deleted.

If they are going to tokenize characters at least let it be a person of the sea like Polynesian or Bajau people. Bajau's are free diving fishermen Aquaman cast a half Polynesian for the role, but Caucasians competitively are great strong swimmers, followed by East Asians. They tokenized Aladin who was Chinese, but at least an Arab is more proper to the world of Aladin than a Nigerian

YoungRippa59: Goofy Characters nobody asked for, Re-Skinned, only Normies will praise this, star fire, jane foster...

Computing Forever: Disney's wokeness

Ariel is a FICTIONAL cartoon character who's skin color has no relevance to the plot

Cash Grab people offended will see it. Race baiters will promote it and it's free publicity. Jackie Evancho sings like an Angel and looks more closely to Ariel.

Jesus. Don't see it then. Goddamn...