Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 6 months ago

Got a flight in 2 days, but have a leg cast can I fly?

If I get on the flight it would have been a week since the cast was fitted. There is a full split down the whole cast. It is not too tight anymore, little wiggle room. It’s a 2 hour flight. I’m on anti coagulant injections. Is it stupid for me to go on this flight?

Most people who break their leg are not on blood thinners but you are.

You need to talk to your doctor and get permission to fly.

No one here knows exactly what is going on with your medical history / treatment.

Check with your doctor that it's medically safe, then check with the airline that it's logistically doable.

Call the airline. I've been ousted from my bulk head seat for someone who had broken their leg and needed room to stretch the cast out.

• A Hunch

The issue is the doctors are concerned about DVTs... thus, the need for the blood thinners.

• MS

Talk to your doctor - don't ask us if it's safe.

You might have to make special arrangements such as sitting in the first row or in front of the emergency exit because you won’t be able to bend your knee.

call your airline and make sure it's ok with them ...................................