Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

I was really poorly with my mental health about 5 years ago and had a complete breakdown. Depression/anxiety/panic - the lot. A very close?

friend of mine 'ghosted' me and it was really painful and hard to get over. There was no reason other than that he started seeing a lady (we're in our 40's).Out of the blue about a week ago, he emailed me as if nothing had happened, he is now single. He's asked me out for dinner and is trying to pick up where he left off but it's making me feel awful. I don't think I can trust him again. How would you deal with a close friend who 'ghosted' you for years and then wants back? I was at my lowest when he did it and I don't think I can forget that.

Thanks for your advice.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

he's not a real friend...so either keep him in your life as an acquaintance and understand he is out of there when something bad happens, or ignore him--

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I had a breakdown over someone dumping me and experienced depression, anxiety and panic over it too. I would not allow this person back into my life for money or anything else.

• Frank
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Ignore him. DUH.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.