I was really poorly with my mental health about 5 years ago and had a complete breakdown. Depression/anxiety/panic - the lot. A very close?

friend of mine 'ghosted' me and it was really painful and hard to get over. There was no reason other than that he started seeing a lady (we're in our 40's).Out of the blue about a week ago, he emailed me as if nothing had happened, he is now single. He's asked me out for dinner and is trying to... show more friend of mine 'ghosted' me and it was really painful and hard to get over. There was no reason other than that he started seeing a lady (we're in our 40's).Out of the blue about a week ago, he emailed me as if nothing had happened, he is now single. He's asked me out for dinner and is trying to pick up where he left off but it's making me feel awful. I don't think I can trust him again. How would you deal with a close friend who 'ghosted' you for years and then wants back? I was at my lowest when he did it and I don't think I can forget that.

Thanks for your advice.