Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 7 months ago

Can People with aspergers syndrome, high functioning autism, Pdd-Nos, Adhd, Live a normal life?

Can People with aspergers syndrome, high functioning autism, Pdd-Nos, Adhd, Severe Autism live a normal life, like getting dressed and able to communicate and improve their social skills?

my life don't seem "normal" to normal people. because I'm 31 years old, a virgin, a male. and have pdd. I still live with my 70+ year old parents, I have been in special ed all my life until 12th grade. I graduated with occupational diploma, I got my GED, but my college score was only 1.1 average. I couldn't pass the asvab neither. my weakest points are math, public speaking and some comprehension. I worked at maintenance in Mac Donald's only to pass 12th grade. I'm still waiting to be put on social security disability and SNAP, I was deaf when I was a toddler, I'm nearsighted. I have certain interests, I'm ocd, I have generalized anxiety disorders and borderline intellectual functioning. I have a couple friends. I had only 3 girlfriends in my life but it was short term relationships.

Probably not, but pretty damn close...

That depends on your definition of a “normal” life. But sure

Get dressed??? That's no problem for most of the people you mention are you nuts? But "normal" no for some of us we are unacceptable to employers.

I have a masters degree with honors but I'm still unacceptable to all employers. I have ADHD. I know I'm unacceptable to all employers for trying for 34 years and I am never accepted. I can talk my way into jobs easily but I can't keep them. Not because of rudeness, not because of not trying but because of poor working memory in the moment.

Writing essays I could do. I didn't have to remember every single thing at the exact right moment to do that. I could go back and correct mistakes later before handing in the essay.

But when you're on a job in real time you have to remember everything correctly at the exact right moment and not be distracted to keep a job and I've never been able to do that. I'd always forget one little thing or another little thing and employers would get furious and let me go. The rest of the world that can keep jobs seem like little perfect people to me.

I know ones that do

Yes. There are several A-list Hollywood actors that have Aspergers. I think Dan Ackroyd is one of them.

yes...................

No. It is impossible for anyone who is "damaged" to live the normal life.

They can APPEAR to be if they drugged, or otherwise controlling their defect.

I've been on ADHD meds for 40 YEARS and doing ok ..................................

Source(s): Grand Dad of Twelve.