didi asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

what food to put on an 18th birthday buffet?

I’m 18 in two weeks. I don’t know what food to put on my buffet. Nothing fancy because it’s for an 18th and people will be drunk and there’ll be a lot of picky eaters. What would people suggest?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • tony
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

hot dogs..patties.finger foods.pizza slices.....baked beans a plus,,deviled eggs .przezels.. ...chips/dig..chicken wings a plus...... dishes of crisps and nuts. ,,,,,condiments,,,,,,,cheese,,,,,,buns/rolls,,,,,,,,,,,,,pig n blanket,,,,,,Cupcakes and mini muffins,,,,,,Chicken drumsticks,,,,,, birthday cake,,,,,,,satay sticks,,,,Ham, cheese, sandwiches, samosas,,,,,,, potato salad, crackers, doritoes, bread sticks, pickled onions sausage rolls.,,,,fruit platter, ,,,,,,French bread sliced into rings with some brie on.

Cheery toms and baby mozarella balls on cocktail sticks,,,,,,, mini doughnuts, brownies and eclairs. ,,,,,also go here,,,,,,,

http://www.party-ideas-by-a-pro.com/buffet-table-i...

Happy Day

I hope your special day will bring you lots of happiness, love and fun. You deserve them a lot. Enjoy! Have a wonderful birthday. I wish your every day to be filled with lots of love, laughter, happiness and the warmth of sunshine.

May your coming year surprise you with the happiness of smiles, the feeling of love and so on. I hope you will find plenty of sweet memories to cherish forever. Happy birthday.

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

A mixture of finger foods and meals. The possibilities are endless. Happy Birthday!

• 5 months ago

Your birthday..your party...

Put whatever YOU like on the buffet.

I am sure that most of the friends you invite have similar tastes so it will be fine.

Do have a few Vegetarian options just in case.

I would keep it simple and make it easy stuff. Finger foods, noting real messy like spaghetti just because it is difficult to talk, eat and mingle with a plate of spaghetti. (different if there will be an actual sit down meal time)

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

What about just doing a taco bar? It would be much easier.

https://www.food.com/how-to/build-the-ultimate-tac...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

keep it simple.

cold cuts, cheese, crackers, veggies, fruits, chips and dip, cake.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Pizza and/or Lasagna.

Personally, I did Hot Dogs and Hamburgers and Coca-Cola and Root Beer, NO LIQUOR, we wanted to have fun not attract the Coppers or Buzz the neighbours. .

• didi5 months agoReport

But i won’t be a minor. I’ll be 18!

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

nothing fancy because there "will" be picky eaters? english is not your first language is it?

• didi5 months agoReport

Excuse me? Yes English is my first language. I don’t see what is wrong with me saying that there will be picky eaters at the party. Please explain.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Soft buns, lunch meats (ham, turkey, roast beef, salami), sliced cheeses, condiments (mayonnaise, mustard, butter, pickles).

And a big bowl of chips.

People can make their own small sandwich buns and eat as much or as little as they want.

If people are going to be drunk, make sure you have plenty of supplies to clean up all the vomit.

Move all breakable items out of the area.

Have the phone handy in case you need to call 911 ... parties for 18-year olds, UNLESS there are adults controllng the situation, can get violent. Especially since you WILL have uninvited guests looking for trouble who will "crash" the party.

• didi5 months agoReport

I’m from the uk the party will be at a venue with quite a few adults. And there will be no uninvited guests

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.