Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

Do you think it's rude for men on personal sites to tell me my voice doesn't sound like how my pictures look?

I have a little bit of a deeper voice for a woman, but I've never had anyone I do business with think I'm a man. I've been told at least four times now that my voice doesn't look like how my pictures look. One man kept complimenting me on my voice saying it sounded sexy. No man who as ever met me in person has said anything about my voice. When these men tell me my voice doesn't sound like how my pictures look, I tell them their voice doesn't sound like how their pictures look. How would anyone know how someone's voice is going to sound. One man yesterday said my voice didn't sound like a movie stars, but it sounded average. Oh brother.

Favorite Answer

It's extremely rude, they shouldn't even mention it unless it's a picture of a little kid with the voice of a heavy smoker. I guess they assume a good looking woman would have a higher voice, and that's a stereotype that needs to stop. Nice comeback to what they say, by the way

It's not exactly rude,. but it's certainly pretty stupid. Use comments like that as a filtering device.

Your voice must be unusual. Otherwise, why would it even come up in conversation? Seems to me you should be used to it by now. So what else is going on? Why are you really upset?

theyre just being honest, i dont think they were trying to be rude

• martin

It's kind of rude, especially knowing that your voice is deep compared to most women. A deep voice is traditionally a masculine trait, which makes the remark even more rude.

No, I don't think it's rude. It's just a comment that you're likely to hear all your life, so you'd be wise to get used to it. If you're going to be annoyed by it, you could end up very lonely.

• anonymous6 months agoReport

Then why have I never had anyone my entire life say anything about my voice who I've met in person? This is only from personal ads, because these fools are building up some kind of fantasy that I'm supposed to have a higher voice. I wouldn't want a high, squeaky voice. Those sound worse.