Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

I always need an estimated time frame. Is this to do with my anxiety?

I absolutely HATE not knowing things and hate not knowing when they’re going to happen, no matter how small or how minor they are to the point where I might just throw away something good altogether because I’m scared of waiting for something that I don’t know when it will come if that makes sense? I was wondering if it’s to do with anxiety? Does anyone else have this?

I think you can file that under "hypervigilance" which is a part of anxiety.

I'm totally with you on this. I am a planner...I need to know who, what, when, where, why, how, and how much for every event I plan on being a part of. Turns out that I am a natural planner and so I made a handsome living planning multi-million dollar projects for Lockheed Martin and other, smaller, enterprises.

Perhaps you too can turn your planning acumen into a profitable career.

• martin

Anxiety is a bad thing, and most people would do anything to avoid it. Your desire to know when things are scheduled or expected to occur is normal and fair to ask of people setting up appointments or telling you something is planned for the future. Anxiety has a lot to do with the future.

I deal with this too. I like knowing all the details, when, where, what to do, and for how long. I think it's pretty common with anxiety. Most of my friends with anxiety are like this too, so you're not alone.