New flat, just moved in and placed all our furniture and we wake up next day to a massive flea infestation.?

Bought flea bomb for what seems like epicentre only it's my new bedroom and I've placed my matress and bed in there. Can I bomb my mattress or no? I know the stuff is poisonous. Do I remove the mattress? Need answers urgently thanks.

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

You don't need to remove the mattress. Cover it with a sheet and launder the sheet afterwards.

Have you tried boric acid? It works on cockroaches, is non-toxic to humans and pets - check it out - it's a powder.

I would put sheets on the mattress and bomb--then throw the sheets in the wash...maybe twice!

I know you have to leave the apartment for a day or so when bombing. Best to read the instructions on the flea bomb and call your mattress maker and ask for advice. Or call a professional pest control place or the manager of your flat and request them to do the work.