Veronica M asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

I purchased 2 supposedly healthy cats. Kittens has crusted over eyes. How do I get money back for medical costs.?

How are they "supposedly healthy" with crusted over eyes? How did you not notice that BEFORE you took them?

Clearly you bought these kittens from a horrible backyard breeder. If you'd gone to a reputable breeder 1) you wouldn't have been given sick kittens and 2) you'd have their contact information so wouldn't be posting this.

So live and learn. You're an idiot who just handed over a bunch of money for sickly, NO BREED kittens. Good job!

Keep the cats.

Bring them to a vet.

Fix their medical prpblems.

Love them and care for them.

People who want a pet don't want their money back.

I have a warm cat laying next to me right now.

He was a stray, several years ago.

He adopted me and he's very happy.

He's not purring because he knows I'm writing about him.

But normally he does.

I can't even guess how much money I have spent on animals in the past 20 years.

• Casey

if they are from a shelter. contact the shelter and ask them to reimburse you the costs because they adopted out an unhealthy cat. If you got them from a breeder, go to the breeder, it would be covered by their health guarantee.

If you got them from some back yard breeding moron you don't, in the future don't adopt from clueless people who let their pets breed just because they want babies.

• Ocimom

From who? From a breeder? If so, then you need to contact the breeder and ask. If you didn't sign a contract stating the kittens were healthy at the time of sale, then you will not get any medical help from the backyard breeder.

If you got it from a rescue group, you need to contact them to discuss this.

• PR

Hopefully, you didn't pay a lot for the kittens. If you got them from an animal rescue league, you could ask them to help you, since they should be health-checked from a league.

If you purchased them from a private owner, you can consider these "rescue kittens", which you have saved. If you purchased them from a breeder, there should be a health certificate. From a pet store that actually sells cats and kittens, go back to the store.

But, I have rescued kittens and given them homes. I have charged small fees such as $25 to $35 each kitten to insure a good home. I tell the people they need vetting. Kittens often have eye infections and upper respiratory infections. You won't get the money back, if this was simply from a private person.

I WOULD NOT take the kittens to the shelter, because they may put them down - they won't tell you this. I would simply get them vetted and make them family members. In the scheme of things, your kittens should live about 15 to 20 years. If you divide these costs by that time, it shouldn't be too much unless you have a vet who overcharges.

Our vet charged $45 for the visit; $35 for the medication/antibiotic; $15 for eye drops. Go to a vet who charges reasonable fees.

• Laura

Unless there was a contract that both of you signed there isn't anything you can do.

If you don't want the kittens, take them to a local shelter.

• PAMELA

You should have had your vet check them before you parted with any money, did'nt you look at their eyes before you bought them? i do not think that you can do anything, take them to a vet!

How long did you have the kittens before they showed symptoms? Did you accept them in that state? What makes you think the seller should pay medical costs?