i want to go vegan but i’m a little picky with foods. i want to find meals that i would enjoy for each meal of the day.?

i enjoy italian and asian foods (not the peanut sauces). i also enjoy mexican and lots of stir fries and pastas with flavorful sauces. i don’t like bell peppers or cucumber or zucchini i believe but i love broccoli carrots corn green beans etc. dont enjoy many polish foods or soups but i do enjoy cream of mushroom soup and i’m looking for any vegan versions or vegan options in those categories.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Here's a yummy vegan meal plan that I think you will enjoy, 3 meals with 2 snacks-

Breakfast-

3 sliver dollar vegan pancakes with maple syrup, topped with strawberries

banana

10 oz OJ

Snack-

2 oz almonds

Lunch-

Fried tofu with broccoli, carrots in brown sauce (Chinese style) over 1 cup Jasmine rice

Spring roll

12 can Pepsi

Snack-

apple

Dinner-

Spaghetti and meatballs (seitan) with a side salad

12 oz sprite

Source(s): vegetarian athlete
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The more you cut certain foods OUT of your diet, the harder it is to get the nutrients you need and the more vitally important it is that you eat everything you CAN eat on your diet. Your health cannot afford you to be picky about the limited variety of foods available for vegans to eat.

As a vegan, there are two primary concerns IF you want to stay healthy, feeling well, and retain the physical strength to participate in life.

(1) Getting enough protein. Yes, vegetables have protein in them, but the only veggies that have ENOUGH protein to keep you healthy are legumes (black beans, garbanzo beans, lentils, etc), brown rice, quinoa, tofu (made from soy beans), and seeds & nuts. And these tend to be high-calorie and fattening.

But unless you get enough protein, your body will start consuming itself, breaking down your muscle to get the protein it needs. And that is when you start to become weak, even to the point where being a couch potato is too strenuous for you.

So you will be eating a LOT of beans and rice .. 5 cups, combined, per day.

(2) Even eating properly on a vegan diet, there are some critically important nutrients that are available only in meat, seafood and animal products. As a vegan, you will have to take daily supplement of:

vitamin B12, calcium, iron, and zinc

It is good to be vegan, but not if it kills you.

The GOOD news is that if you MAKE yourself eat foods you don't like, and if you tell yourself that you are taking care of your body BY eating these foods .. that within months of a few years, you will start to LIKE these foods.

Our body likes what it has become used to.

So you CAN and MUST learn to like bell peppers, cucumber, and zucchinig.

Since your vegan diet will have daily legumes and rice, which can be fattening stay away from pasta. And when you DO indulge and have pasta, make sure it is a whole-wheat pasta only.

When you limit your foods, it becomes critically important to eat ONLY healthy foods.

• Elissa7 months agoReport

these aren’t meals

• 7 months ago

my suggestion would be to use the recipes you already have--and just make substitutes for animal products and leave out any meat.

• Louis
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

OneGreenPlanet is a terrific resource. their front page generally has about 6 good recipes on it.

OhSheGlows, is a vegan blog. the author has at least one published cookbook. her website is well organized and searchable.

Post Punk Kitchen is Isa Chandra Moskowitz's blog. She is one of the best vegan chefs.

The next three bloggers are also YouTubers.

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com

https://www.thecheaplazyvegan.com

https://sarahsvegankitchen.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You're on the Internet, which has THOUSANDS of recipes on it.

<i’m a little picky with foods

It sounds like you are a LOT picky with your foods. Good luck.

• Elissa7 months agoReport

most of the recipes i’ve seen haven’t been what i’m looking for

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.