Native English speakers, please help me understand this?

Hi, what exactly is going on in the following passage?

"Pam took his hand and led him just aft of the driver's console, guiding him down to a supine position on the deck. She mounted him at once. He tried to sit up, but she didn't let him, instead leaning forward while her hips moved with gentle violence."

Okay so this is an excerpt from a novel. In this particular part there's this guy and the girl who are traveling on a yacht. They kinda get intimate and 'things' are about to happen lol obviously some kinky stuff going on there I know but somehow I fail at visualizing the whole scenario there hehe.. what does it mean that she 'mounted' him at once? Can you explain me how it all happened? Thanks ;)

Favorite Answer

The 'drivers console' is where the ship's steering wheel is located. 'Aft' is to the rear of the yacht. So she led him behind the drivers console and gently laid him down on his back. Then she climbed on top of him in a sitting position. He tried to sit up, but she pushed him back down and had sex. I've heard it called the cowboy position.

• susie

Maybe she thought he was a horse :).