Jacob asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 months ago

I cleaned my ears and now I can t hear?

The past week or so my ears have been having a shooting and stabbing sensation so on Thursday I decided to cleaned my ears with a q tip which I know I shouldn t have done but I did anyway. I went to my primary care doctor to get them flushed Friday it didn t help at all. As soon as I initially cleaned them I lost hearing in both of my ears and there s constant ringing now that gets worse every day on top of the muffled hearing. I went to the primary care doctor today he looked in my ears and said they re very clean and there s no sign of an infection and referred me to an ENT doctor. I m afraid I m going to go deaf and that something s seriously wrong and my Dad refuses to take me to the hospital until my ENT appointment on Friday. Also this happened to me the last time when I cleaned my ears but it went away after 3 days and there was no ringing. I m not going to lie I m a hypochondriac I have anxiety disorder about my health and I m afraid I m going to die or go deaf. What do you think it could be and should I be okay until Friday?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Be proactive.Do not think what will happen in future.Face problems only when it come and not beforehand

• 4 months ago

Q-tips can really damage your eardrums, but I don't know when it'll get better. If you haven't already, tell your doctor that you used one and hope for the best. Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.