I cleaned my ears and now I can t hear?

The past week or so my ears have been having a shooting and stabbing sensation so on Thursday I decided to cleaned my ears with a q tip which I know I shouldn t have done but I did anyway. I went to my primary care doctor to get them flushed Friday it didn t help at all. As soon as I initially cleaned them I lost... show more The past week or so my ears have been having a shooting and stabbing sensation so on Thursday I decided to cleaned my ears with a q tip which I know I shouldn t have done but I did anyway. I went to my primary care doctor to get them flushed Friday it didn t help at all. As soon as I initially cleaned them I lost hearing in both of my ears and there s constant ringing now that gets worse every day on top of the muffled hearing. I went to the primary care doctor today he looked in my ears and said they re very clean and there s no sign of an infection and referred me to an ENT doctor. I m afraid I m going to go deaf and that something s seriously wrong and my Dad refuses to take me to the hospital until my ENT appointment on Friday. Also this happened to me the last time when I cleaned my ears but it went away after 3 days and there was no ringing. I m not going to lie I m a hypochondriac I have anxiety disorder about my health and I m afraid I m going to die or go deaf. What do you think it could be and should I be okay until Friday?
2 answers 2