Richard asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

should owners who let their dogs continually bark or neighbours who own dogs that bark loudly and scare their neighbours?

when they walk outside have their dogs taken away from them

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Your sentence is confusing

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

No. If a barking dog scares you, perhaps you need therepy. You cant expect the world to change to accomodate for your fears and anxieties.. Life just doesnt work that way

• 6 months ago

There are LAWS on the books for nuisance barking -after certain hours (like late night or non-stop barking). So you can call either the police or Animal Control and report that, although making a recording or video to PROVE how bad it is, or how long it lasts - is always helpful - if you ever have to advance, to taking it all the way to court. But some alarm or excited barking is always legally allowable (within reason).

However, you do not have a leg to stand on (legally speaking) per getting "scared or frightened" by a dog "barking". And no, NO ONE (no authority) is going to remove a dog from a premises for barking and frightening you. You need to: walk in a different location, TOUGHEN up, buy ear plugs.... or MOVE.

• 6 months ago

You cannot stop a dog who is protective and aggressive when you walk. You cannot reason with a dog. If you discipline the dog he has no idea why you are doing that. If you yell at the dog he just thinks that is your way of encouraging his barking. The dog should be held close on a tight leash - that is all you can do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

No. People are too sensitive.

• 6 months ago

Sounds like you are talking about my dogs. They bark at anything on the street that should not be there. Lots of foot traffic & all the dogs on this street start barking & it just goes on like this for the whole street. My dogs run my front fence like like junk yard dogs. Displaying a body language that they would tear you to pieces, just come a little bit closer. They are my alert dogs & I know when something or someone is on the street.

I had complaints from a snitch that lives on this street. But dogs bark, they don't meow, nay, cackle, or moo. Dogs BARK. Animal control has been out here several time & I have not received any citations, cause dogs bark.

• Nekkid Truth!
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Pedestrians DO "belong there" tho. Barking if someone comes onto the property is being an alert dog. Barking at foot traffic that happens daily is the sign of a bored and untrained dog

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.