Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 months ago

Native english speakers ! Is the sentence "I have to work hard to create my own future" correct ? Can you help me please ?

I have a question, which is the correct sentence " I have to work hard to CREATE my own future" or "I have to work hard to MADE my own future" ?

I want to use the verb (create) but I don't know if it's correct.

Can you help me please ?

Procure informações sobre internet.

• A.J.

As others state, "I have to work hard to create my own future" is correct.

or "I have to work hard to make my own future" as OK but not as clear.

There is an assumption that you have a vision of your future, and you can "create" turning the vision into reality.

You can "make", but it is less applicable with "work hard".

I have to work hard to realize the vision of my future.

Adding the implied "vision" of what you see in your mind and removing "own" as unnecessary.

Realize becomes better than create because create is ambiguous of creating the vision in the present and future create into reality.

"Create" is good. "Realize the vision of" is better. "my future" is the same as "my own future" in meaning.

You can use either 'create' or 'make' in your sentence, but not 'made'. Why the Past tense? If you said 'made' why not 'created'? I hope this was just a simple typing error.

I have to work hard to create my own future.

I have to work hard to make my own future.

Both are correct. 'Create' is more interesting.

Create is the right word to use in that situation

"I have to work hard to create my own future" is grammatically correct but factually inaccurate. The truth is that all life is subject to the whims of fate, no matter how hard we work.

• Mark

"To MADE" my own future? Does that make sense in ANY language to use a "past infinitive"? The first sentence is correct, though kind of trite (that means "a lot of people have said it before, and now it's just boring, not dramatic")