Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 6 months ago

Do my supervisors want me to quit????

Im a 23 year old guy, currently i work in a hospital doing housekeeping. Ive been here for 2 years, and my supervisors recently have been telling me i should go back to school because im young and that i have my whole life a head of me. There's a lot if young workers here but my supervisors never tell them to go back to school or anything. Doo they not want me to work here anymore or something?????

Im just figuring out what i want to take in school

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Tepee
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

My impression is that your supervisor thinks you have more potential than the others and you should further your education for a better career opportunity.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

More than likely they just don't want to see you get caught up in working there forever, without ever shooting for your dream job, whatever that may be. If you've been showing an interest in the medical field, they may be trying to help push you toward going for a medical degree, so that you can climb the ranks in their hospital. There are a huge multitude of reasons why they could be suggesting you return to school, depending on a variety of factors from how close you all are as co-workers to their own needs for staffing.

If it bothers you enough to make you worry about your job security, you can always ask them if they feel like you are not fit for your position with them (but in a way that isn't "what, you don't want me here?" you know?). Or you could ask them for suggestions; what did they wish they had gone to school for? Is their job rewarding? Etc. A lot of times senior staff see's a young person with their life ahead of them and it stirs up old dreams in them. It really could be as simple as some of the staff really wanted to be an astronaut or an artist. If you're trying to figure out what you want to do, it is never a bad decision to ask around and see what sounds good to you. The fact that you've been with them for two years tells me that they value you, and that you're secure in your position. They really probably just want to see you do the best with your life possible, which shows that they care.

• y
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They see more potential in you then what you are currently doing and, apparently care about you. Nice family you have found in the work place, you should listen to them. Probably be able to work it so you can still work part time there, while going to school.

You don't know what you want to do but the first couple of years are pretty much basic crap that everyone needs to go through anyways. Start with getting that out of the way to make your path easier for when you do figure it out.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No.

They're telling you to go make something of yourself. You can work and go to school at the same time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I don't think they necessarily want you to quit. They might just see potential in you and might be suggesting you go back to school to fulfil the potential. Are you interested in medicine since you work in a hospital?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes. I told them to. You will never be hired again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.