How should I dress in Ireland?

I'm going to Dublin in the beginning of October. We're going to a concert and doing general sightseeing, pub crawling. I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Jeans? Leggins? (cute leggins with cute long shirt, not athleisure wear) What about shoes? I need comfort for lots of walking. Should I bring my rain boots? Rain jacket? I keep hearing women wear black tights, that seems silly with rain boots.

Irish girls dress informally, but take care about their appearance.

• Orla C

Relax. There will be so many tourists, as long as you're decently covered you won't stick out, you are unlikely to be even noticed.

Bring boots with good arch support and that are waterproof, and a light waterproof jacket.

I don't see any reason why black tights would look bad with rain boots. Here's a picture showing people on the street in Dublin- mostly very casually dressed. That's true in a lot of places where there are a lot of tourists- the tourists dress much more casually than the residents. A waterproof jacket with a hood is ideal.

• Mark

Be sure to bring a lightweight waterproof jacket. It rains a lot of Ireland at that time of year.