dana asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

Sausage and peppers in crock pot (too many sausages?)?

this is my first time making sausage and peppers in a crockpot. I didn’t add any marinara sauce because I usually just add some garlic in a pan and let them cook. I added a little bit of water to the crockpot and I had 12 sausages they aren’t very lomg but pretty fat. Every recipe I have read says don’t use more than six or eight sausages so now I’m a little bit worried are they not going to cook Properly? I was thinking 5 hours or 6 but now I don’t really know - I put all the peppers and onions on top and set it to high.... any help here? Is 12 sausages too much? I am

Kinda nervous

I wouldn't have added water because anything in the crock pot makes its own juice.

the ONLY reason to not add too many sausages is they might run over the top of the crock pot once they get fat and puff up.

• Janet

The first time you make any recipe, always follow it exactly.

Because not all recipes turn out well even when you DO following the instructions.

• Gabe

If you want to see too many sasuages go to a college Thirsty Thursday's night bar.

• Mark

No, it will be fine, especially if you cook it all day, but it seems awfully meat-rich. And if you read in several recipes "don't use more than 6-8 sausages" why did you put in 12? Are you just trying to be contrary, or do you have bipolar disorder?

• dana6 months agoReport

No, I read afterwards

I got a sausage for ya.