Elissa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

i want to go vegan but i can’t think of good meals. everything i’ve looked up doesn’t sound appealing. any help for someone super picky?

• Louis
    Favorite Answer

Eating a plant-based diet can be challenging. Maybe the best advice I can give you is that its like a hundred times better than the alternative.

The animal cruelty issue is what keeps vegans vegan. They know how much cruelty went into that egg. How much pain and suffering was required to make that gallon of milk. Vegans can't condone an industry that kills billions of animals a year because they taste good.

A lot of people are going plant-based just because of health concerns. Sure that hamburger smells good. and with that do you wish a side of satins? or should we book your colectomy right now?

Scientist not only are convinced that man-made climate change is real but that it an existential threat to mankind. The fastest, easiest, cheapest way you can personally cut your carbon footprint is to go vegan.

So what if you can't find the tastiest vegan foods. You can't seriously consider the taste of your food to be more important than animal lives, your personal health, not to mention the survival of mankind.

Fortunately making delicious healthy plant-based meals is probably not as difficult as you think. If you go to the library you will probably find a dozen or more vegan cookbooks. They even have themes now. Like easy recipes, ten-minute recipes, one-pot recipes, stir fry recipes, and Instant Pot recipes. Just check them out or sit at a table and peruse a few. Find half a dozen to try and go do your grocery shopping. Try them out and then find some more or just stick with the ones you like.

I just saw your comment. And I like stir fry too. How about this one - it's my new favorite. tofu stirfry with bell peppers, onions and spinach with teriyaki and sweet and sour sauce served on top of soba noodles mixed with soy sauce and nooch. Then topped off with everything bagel seasoning.

I also like lentil stew over mashed potatoes, Cuban black beans over rice, split pea soup, vegan chili. Try the OneGreenPlanet website for recipes.

and you can make a vegan omelet or scramble. Try googling for a recipe.

• Elissa6 months agoReport

thank you so much for understanding the question and actually answering it. this i very helpful unlike the other answers. greatly appreciated

Here's a good site I found that really helped. It gave me great meal suggestion and diet

tips. One of the articles I found is eating the 3 vegetables that help to control weight and make body lean.

There are also lots of free articles on the site... which can be applicable to your desire to be vegan.

https://wellnesscheers.org/?p=164

Roast some chick peas in olive oil.

• In

A diet rich in bark, twigs, and gravel is a good low carb, high roughage vegan diet.

First off put this somewhere other than parenting and pregnancy

• Wendigo

therein the privilege to move questions.Moving questions is classed as a form of trolling.

Think of any dishes that you like that are meat and/or dairy based, and I'll guarantee that you can find a recipe online to make their vegan equivalent. It's actually a fun way to learn more about what you like and all the varieties of things you can eat. MOST food is plant based. It's actually when the diet revolves around meat and dairy that it tends not to vary as much. When you step out of the meat/dairy box, you discover that there are millions of things that you didn't bother exploring because of the pattern you were set in.

omelet

fried potatoes

fruit smoothies

oat bars with fruits

soy

noodles with vegetables soup

spaggeti with tomato sauce/mushrooms/pesto sauce

spinach pie (with or without feta cheese)

• Elissa6 months agoReport

omelets are not vegan

• audrey

Just stick with cheeseburgers.

• Elissa6 months agoReport

very vegan. tysm!!

If you are "super picky" I think you may struggle with even lacto-ovo vegetarianism, never mind veganism.

If you're super picky, tell us what you DO like. There is no point in anyone here wasting time trying to guess at recipes that will appeal to you.

No clue why you want to go vegan if you don't like plant-based food.

I eat meat but I eat plenty of vegetarian or vegan meals too. If a plate of pasta with olive oil, parsley, garlic, zucchini and tomato (or other fresh vegetables) doesn't sound good to you, I don't know what to say.

• Elissa6 months agoReport

i never said i don’t like plant based food. when i google vegan meals i usually see things that don’t appeal to me. i don’t like sweet potatoes or very plain pastas but i do enjoy stir fries and curry and various meals with carbs and vegetables.

Try eating some grass. You filthy lib.