Is dating/having sex with the same gender is a sin in catholic religion?

I'm just wondering, because I hear some controversials things, if it is a sin, can you please explain to me why? Thank you ^^

• Favorite Answer

The Catholic Church considers all LGBT people "intrinsically disordered".

That's the official line from the Vatican anyway.

What you find at the parish level however is usually nowhere near that draconian.

In fact, many parishes are quite accepting.

"Is it a sin?"

In my mind NO. The Church is woefully slow in recognizing anything. Remember this is the same church that didn't gett around to apologizing for excommunicating Galileo until 1992. That was only 350 years after they originally condemned him for teaching the Copernican Theory (That the sun, not the Earth, was the center of the solar system).

If you want more thoughts on whether being LGBT is a sin, I can recommend this article:

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/07/21/no-gay-lesbia...

.

• LilMeow7 months agoReport

I see, thank you :)

Who cares, sin is an outmoded concept, Being LGBT is a congenital condition. (developed before birth) Science is finding more evidence for it, every day.

• Elisabeth

And what evidence did they find today, Frostfire?

I believe you have to be a pedophile before you are allowed to become a Catholic priest.

• Sky

Who gives a sh!t what catholicism says about same-sex relationships? The religion was formed by illiterate goat herders in the desert who thought thunderstorms were demons and threw rocks at their own shadows.

No, it's not. Dating/having sex with the opposite gender isn't a sin, so neither is dating/having sex with the same gender

Uh thanks I guess, but i'm looking for actual answers instead of you judging catholicism

Do not follow catholicism, you will not be saved. It is a false cult of man-made traditions and lies of the devil.

Rob, The Bible is God's Word and there are many proofs if you looked into it. Bible prophecy proves this. Jesus' empty tomb, His post-mortem appearances and the origin of the Disciples' belief in HIs Resurrection defy any naturalistic explanation. May God bless you with discernment to see the TRUTH.

• Rob

yeah instead follow this other cult of other man-made traditions right?

Dont know about that. But according to catholics, fondling little alter boys isnt a sin