Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 months ago

Should I report this incident???

I'm on vacation with some friends and we were out partying earlier this week and we're pretty sure I was dosed with something. The whole night is super fuzzy but I remember not being able to find my friends and not being able to move. My friends said that I showed up at the hotel via uber later that night but I dont remember that and I was wearing clothes that didnt belong to me (I still have no idea where my actual clothes went). Along with my pants, my wallet, keys and watch are missing (oldly I still have my phone).

I'm still not sure what to think but we're pretty confident that I was maybe slipped something. This issue is, seeing as I didnt have much of anything in my wallet, and didnt really care much for the watch I kinda brushed it off and didnt really report any of it stollen. It's been a few days now but I'm still uneasy about the whole ordeal, especially since my clothes were taken to. Not that they were special or anything, just plain jeans and a shirt. But now that days have gone by I'm not sure its worth the effort especially since the other guys kinda moved on from it too, even joke abt it. But idk, the whole thing is weird so I'm kinda over this whole vaca tbh.

Sorry, I didnt specify. I'm not a girl so really don't think rape or anything like that was the case. It happened 3 nights ago. Honestly aside from the likely drugging, my clothes being missing is the main part of the issue bc I really could care less about the watch and wallet (my phone is with me). And I dont really blame my friends for joking about it, we all kinda laughed it off bc im obviously fine now. thats why im conflicted about reporting or not.

Favorite Answer

If you are uneasy not knowing, absolutely report it. Report your stolen goods, and as uncomfortable as it is, go to the hospital and get blood work done. Figure out if you've been drugged, figure out if you've been assaulted, or outright raped. Knowing something awful has happened is easier to heal from than always wondering what may have happened. Your clothing being missing is a HUGE red flag, and as someone who has gone through this before I can promise you, no medical staff is going to shame you for wanting to know for sure. I'm sorry this has ruined your vacation, but don't let it ruin your whole life. Find out, and go from there. Even if you can't handle the idea of knowing you were drugged and possibly raped, report your stolen goods. No one should get away with behaviors like that, and you don't have to tolerate being stolen from, be it your belonging OR your body.

Stay strong, keep your close friends close, and best of luck to you whichever you decide.

• Foofa

You need to report this to local authorities because others may have similar reports and that's how they'd identify a serial poisoner (who's probably also a serial rapist).

i would report it

Who would be receiving the report? A Hardware Store? A Deli Counter?? Storage Facilities do not take reports either; there's only so much we can do here you know...

If you had something to report, sure. But without an ability to remember what happened, there isn't anything to offer the authorities. For your own sanity, maybe you should contact Uber to find out where you were picked up from before being delivered back to your hotel. That information may help your memory.

Sorry, but this is really hard to believe. Why would you go to the trouble of explaining how the watch, wallet and clothes were no big deal to you? The big concern here isn't theft; it's drugging and rape, possibly by more than one person.

I also don't get your friends. I've had my share of partying vaca's, but if this happened to one of my friends, I would be demanding they have a rape exam and a blood test. Yet yours are joking about it?

If you're an experienced drinker, and you're 100 percent certain you didn't consume enough to produce unconsciousness, then I don't know why you'd even ask. You don't say exactly when this happened, but if you've taken a shower, a lot of evidence would be lost. And I don't know how long drugs remain in your system. But you have to learn what you can. Also, if nothing else, get some Plan B asap. It works up to 72 hours and I assume you wouldn't want a pregnancy out of this.

• MARIAN

Def should b reported & u also should get to a hospital SOON so they can run a few tests to find out what exactly u were given! I'm so sorry u had to experience that but we know this world has gone crazy. Though u didn't hv valuables in your wallet, more than likely u had an I.d. in there which means they have your address. REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Tip toe through the garden on the alley in the willow tree.