JonZ

Priest states "fat women don't go to heaven" and a lady runs on stage and shoves him off the stage - was she justified...?

Favorite Answer

Yes, for sure THAT one won't be going there!😇👎

• Like999Iblis

Which one the one fat woman who ran or did she make another do her bidding? Or the man who said... gluttony is a sin. And fat people shouldn't act like they are superior.

Are you sure this wasn't the Brazilian equivalent of Hancock's half hour?

Fat is a relative thing depending on the charity or eyesight of the observer.

This was wrong on many levels. There is absolutely no scriptural support for that assertion whatsoever and the idea of a woman being fat is a completely irrelevant aesthetic issue which has everything to do with the flesh and man's perception of it, particularly in the secular world where body image has far too high an emphasis and nothing at all to do with the spirit. A good point was raised by another of the answers here. Why was this limited to women? Is it because this 'priest' likes looking at thin women in bikinis? It is a bit naughty if he does.

There can be a number of reasons why women are overweight or appear overweight. This can hereditary on a genetic level or may be because of water retention. Many women appear to be overweight because their metabolism is badly affected by a thyroid disorder.

You cannot apportion blame to any woman, or man for that matter, who has a problem with their metabolism.

As I recall, the only criteria which is considered for entry to heaven is by what the individual does or does not do and not what they look like.

See .........

" 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

• Joe

I wonder if fat guys go to heaven ? Wouldn't seem quite fair.

Well, maybe the priest feels that the human body is a gift from God and that it deserves to be cherished and well taken care of.