What can I do about my fathers bipolarity?/How can I cope with it?

It s honestly been tough living with a father with bipolarity. Every time he goes through one of his swings I feel scared and trapped. We can t have a regular camping trip without him acting up and ruining it for absolutely no reason. Last camping trip we had he threw his wedding ring in the dirt. We were forced to... show more It s honestly been tough living with a father with bipolarity. Every time he goes through one of his swings I feel scared and trapped. We can t have a regular camping trip without him acting up and ruining it for absolutely no reason. Last camping trip we had he threw his wedding ring in the dirt. We were forced to leave a day early. If I didn t feel helpless, I wouldn t consult a bunch of strangers on the internet. It feels like this family s being torn apart every time he argues with someone. I can t help but ask myself "What if he wasn t like this?" My father is a good person, and I love him. I know he won t do anything irrational or hurt anyone, but I just fear about the family s relationship. What should I do when he has a mood swing? What can I do? How can I cope?
2 answers 2