I overheard a conversation about sex and allergies and I’m kinda curious.?

I heard Something along the lines of someone found out that they have an allergic reaction to something, and they didn’t want to notify their parents about it because how do you casually say and I quote “Hey mom I found out I’m allergic to something because I swallowed”. And i believe this person is either a rising sophomore or junior. Now if this story was being told to me, I’d ask them, however since I just overheard this, I’m asking the world wide webs. And if you haven’t figured it out already, she thinks she’s allergic to ***, I guess. Anywho Question! 1. Can you be allergic to that? Is it possible? 2. If your allergic to swallowing it, can you be allergic to it during sex? How do you even treat an allergic reaction to that?

Favorite Answer

The short answer is yes, you can be allergic to semen or, more specifically, certain proteins contained within it. People who have this allergy will suffer a reaction regardless of where semen comes into contact with.

You can suppress the reaction in the same way as anything else by using antihistamines. In more severe cases, the only way of having sex is by using a condom. Couples trying to conceive children where the woman has a severe allergy can use intrauterine insemination where semen is processed first and washed of these proteins, or IVF treatment.

It is rare to see severe cases but it does and can happen.

Spitting instead of swallowing would make the allergy a non issue.

What the **** *****??!