How would i be able to change DNA?

Update: I understand genetic engineers are able to alter strands in dna in order to get rid if undesirable traits. Does this mean I should get a very powerful microscope, take a few of my cells and start fooling around with the dna strands until i get better results? How would a genetic engineer do this? Would i need to... show more I understand genetic engineers are able to alter strands in dna in order to get rid if undesirable traits. Does this mean I should get a very powerful microscope, take a few of my cells and start fooling around with the dna strands until i get better results? How would a genetic engineer do this? Would i need to find a substance that can erase strands?
Update 2: I would like to change from being a mammal into a reptile. I would also like to grow wings like a dragon, have teeth that are constantly growing like a shark and have gills. I would also like to reproduce like bacteria. I can imagine splitting into two or three replicas of myself depending on whether i am feeling... show more I would like to change from being a mammal into a reptile. I would also like to grow wings like a dragon, have teeth that are constantly growing like a shark and have gills. I would also like to reproduce like bacteria. I can imagine splitting into two or three replicas of myself depending on whether i am feeling cancerous that day.
11 answers 11