How to get over a dog that got hit by a car?

I’m 17 and I had a poodle since I was in 6th grade , I got him when he was just a couple months old . He was my first He was a part of the family and he started walking outside a lot and he was already used to the neighborhood and everytime someone opened the door he would shoot out . He’s been doing that for a... show more I’m 17 and I had a poodle since I was in 6th grade , I got him when he was just a couple months old . He was my first He was a part of the family and he started walking outside a lot and he was already used to the neighborhood and everytime someone opened the door he would shoot out . He’s been doing that for a good two years maybe and I’ve had him for 7 years . He often goes around our block but he’s been going across the street a lot for some female dog at another house . He was always back and forth there but on Sunday night or Monday morning he got hit by a car . It was right next to our street and someone told
Me they heard a dog crying but they don’t know if it was him or another dog . I believe he got hit a second time which is when he actually died . My parent didn’t want me to look at him so I never went to go see his body . I just feel so bad and I can’t stop thinking about him. I got him from a friend and his mother lived much longer than 7 years . I feel so bad . I’m sad I wasn’t there by his side during his death and I’m sad that his spirit might hate me for not being there in his time of distress .