Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 7 months ago

Are old houses always haunted?

Back in September 2018 I moved to this house, the house was built in 1882 so it's pretty old, I'm not gonna lie, I have felt a presence in this house maybe a few times, but I have never seen anything. Is it most likely haunted?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

There are just MORE chances someone died there under the CORRECT EMOTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES to leave "a Ghost"----simply because there is more time, than in a newer house. Someone dying in a house does not necessarily cause the "ghost phenomena" to be present there.---The person must die over a period of at least a few minutes and in a highly emotional state.----This is why battlefields and train wreck accident sites are often "Haunted"--making the odds better that one or two of the many deaths, at least, would be under the right conditions,

At least eight people died in my 1850s house, over the years, but I have NO "Ghosts" (Drat!) because the deaths were not of the type to leave a "ghost".

• ...Show all comments
    • Gary K
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Sorry, but I'm maintaining that you have presented that as a statement of fact. You didn't mention the word 'stories' in your answer, but you did include the word 'must'.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Some of them are, not all of them

• 7 months ago

Explain what "felt a presence" means? If you didn't see it or hear it, then you imagined it.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Nahh just kids making up silly stories, but definitely some are 👻

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Some are, some aren't so not always.

• Hunter
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

It's not the age of a place. Hauntings occur because of two things: 1) The person died either violently or had unfinished business and is still around. And, 2) Hauntings happen mostly with psychic people than with Normals. A person with no psi ability or sensitivity can live in a house for decades and never be haunted, while a psi-gifted/sensitive person might move in and be haunted the next day.

So you can find modern hotels, restaurants, and even parks that have reputations for being haunted, totally irrespective of age.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

There are different levels to activity. Sometimes it will appear as a presence or a feeling there is something there - and that is all you get.

Or you may feel nothing at all and nothing ever happens.

Or you may never get a decent nights sleep because of all the banging and noises and stuff is constantly moving around.

it's all relative.

I lived in an 1850's rectory between a graveyard and the Undertaker. (he still had the herse outside and assorted coffins in his outbuildings). I did feel a presence there and smelt snuffed candles often - but nothing else ever happened.

But i also rented a 1950's house that was active and when asking a spirit to make itself known - the lights were turned off!

• No its not likely to be haunted, its much more likely that you are imagining things.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

There is a good chance that it is haunted because it is really old and you felt a presence there. Lots of places can be haunted for different reasons even if they aren't that old. Maybe you will see something that confirms your suspicions.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

They have history but are rarely haunted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.