I have to redo this watercolor cause I smudged the black paint. But is it any good?

Favorite Answer

Stanley, you're a great guy but something tells me you don't have a eye for art. Obviously it's the sunrise, I can see it the moment I looked at it. Rooster morning sunrise etc..

Great work Wisecraker!

Just because you have an appreciative eye for the colours of a landscape, the impact of a blazing dawn, or the message that you want to share with others, does not mean that you possess the ability to present its magic o that it can be shared with others. Such is the case with all personal abilities .

This does not prevent us from sharing these pleasures with others, but it can prevent us from producing an original image ourselves.

Your image presented here captures all the impact of that moment in a personal way that obviously impressed you upon seeing it. It does however lack a little of that momentary fleeting moment that often accompanies the breaking dawn. i fully understand the disappointment that can occur when a sensory moment proves difficult or even impossible to reproduce.

When this occurs it is sometimes wise to realise that such an artistic medium is not for you. The dream of spending your life creating works of art is not a very practical one, if it doesn't pay the rent, and put food on the table. Try to look reality square in the eye and consider a practical working future doing some other employment that will keep the wolf from the door. Dream worlds very rarely exist.

• Ben

It looks really great to me.

It's really good tho, I love the colors in the morning sky

i would like this to be hanging in my kitchen!

How long Does it take you to draw one of these

• Wisecracker

About two hours on average. I work fast.

Needs more colours.

Your signature is too big, you are not Picasso! It should be small and in the bottom left or right corner.

Its ok but, I'm kinda yearning for some blue. ;-(

PS.

I honestly see a blue grey sky with clouds, ok! Maybe a grey sky with patches of blue showing though.

• Wisecracker

It’s a sunrise! The very second the sun comes up.