Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Cat diarrhea?!?

Hi! So my 10 week old kitten may possibly have diarrhea. Since yesterday, he had watery poop stuck to his fur. Since the litter clumps his poop, I can’t tell if it is REALLY watery, but I’m sure it is since there is watery poop stuck to his fur. And today morning, there was a lot of it on his legs. However, he poops twice/thrice a day. It’s

not frequent. So I am confused. Is it diarrhea? We did recently switch from dry food to wet food. Gradually. And he did get this vaccination and deworming. Please help!

• Ocimom

You need to take him to the vet quickly. Kittens can go downhill very quickly when they have loose stools. You can try mixing pumpkin in his canned food - do not use anything other then chicken based foods of a high quality - no cheap foods, no fish based foods.

• I agree with mixing pumpkin in with his food. Walmart has a reasonable priced canned organic pumpkin that you can start by adding 1/4 then move up to 1/2 tsp to the kittens wet food. Pumpkin is fiber and should frim up the runny stools.

• Laura

Yes this is diarrhea. It is most likely from the quick change in food. Ideally you should gradually change the food over a period of 10 days.

I would still call the vet, diarrhea this bad can easily hurt a kitten, and it can get serious quickly.

• patty

the change of diet may be responsible. can u give him wet and dry food.

If there has been a change at all in the food he's eating, this is probably why but some animals do react to vaccination & being wormed. Has he done this before (with either)? If this continues, obviously you need to have your vet examine and treat.

• Sara6 months agoReport

He had this vaccination two weeks ago. And no this is the first time. And yes thank you!

• Pj

stop giving him milk

• Sara6 months agoReport

i dont give him milk lol

It's probably the change from dry to wet food, make sure your kitty has access to plenty of fresh water and if the symptoms persist take him to the vets.