Anonymous

I'm confused about what's American and what's not anymore?

As being an American all my life to me American personality is the freedom we had for decades. We still have freedom but not like the kind of freedom we had through out the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. To me the whole American culture is living however you wanna live rather its Poor or Rich, Messy or Clean. But with all the special Technology we now have, including many Ridiculous Laws that been made over the years, we now living like the Asian countries. Making everything illegal and being Spoiled with Technology doesnt seem very American to me. So when others say the same thing about other political situations, I dont even know what it means. But to me, the real American way is to be Different from all the other countries. Not follow the other countries

You don't sound confused to me, seems like you know exactly what it means to be an American. Keep it up

e pluribus unum

Who here understands the US motto is written in Roman Latin?

In the 50s that was changed to "in god we trust". Not only does the new motto conflict with the idea of separation of church and state, the government now says Latins come from mezoamerica ... we're clearly not telling the "whole truth and nothing but" any more.

My point, blame who ever you want but it's clear the people in the US can't live up to the founding father's values. It's been that way for much longer than you think.

• Mark

You're basically on the right road. Keep following it.