Updated: How to put religious themes in a fantasy novel?

I'm posting this question again updated because I got the stereo typical answer of Read Narnia. And I did consider mentioning that I don't want to what C S Lewis did which is make other characters that act out a "religious" story. The faerie queen by spenser I believe is also a religious allegory... show more I'm posting this question again updated because I got the stereo typical answer of Read Narnia. And I did consider mentioning that I don't want to what C S Lewis did which is make other characters that act out a "religious" story. The faerie queen by spenser I believe is also a religious allegory and as great as those novels are I don't want to make characters that will stand in as God in the story. Which I actually mentioned in my original question:

Since I'm religious I don't like the idea of mixing what is fiction with what is fact.
However I do love writing fantasy stories and would like my novels to have a meaningful life lesson in it. This is easy when it comes to other genres because it's based in the real world so you can always imbue your character learning about the light at the end of the tunnel.
But in a fantasy story you can't just make up a god and put the same teachings in bc it's not The God.