Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 7 months ago

How can I take a shower if my baby will just cry when I’m in there?

Nobody will be available to watch him.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Put the baby in front of a tv with sound that may help it go to sleep

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

When I was in that situation I just took one really fast. When my daughter got older I hung her on the jolly jumper in the doorway while I showered.

• 6 months ago

As the mother of a colicky baby, I've had to learn this the hard way. If you can't do it while they're sleeping, or can find anyone to watch them, just set them in a safe spot (like bassinet/crib). Sometimes you need to step away for a few minutes and take a breath (or shower). Crying for that 5-10min won't hurt them, and doctors and nurses will tell you that exact same thing. Being a mom is hard, and being covered in milk and spit up and pee makes it that much worse.

• 6 months ago

Then you do NOT take a shower, take it when the baby is sleeping or somebody else is watching him. Your child comes FIRST.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Wtf idk wtf kinda question isthid

• 6 months ago

Take a shower when your baby is asleep or napping. I raised 3 children and NEVER had a problem at all getting my showers.

• 6 months ago

I’m not sure but could you maybe have the baby in the bathroom in a safe position somewhere and then just open the shower door/ curtain if he or she starts crying and reassure him or her? I mean I don’t know I’m just trying to think of things. Or could you just wait until the baby is asleep? There must be someway I would think.

• 6 months ago

When his asleep or when someone is around.. I shower at 10pm at night while my husband is back from work.i dont have it in me to let my baby cry. Also I think if u formula feed ur baby it should be ok cos if his hungry u can leave his milk with someone I cant do that my baby is a boobie monster.. also cherish this little moment it wont last forever

• 7 months ago

If you have a sling chair that the baby will be safe in, bring it into the bathroom with you and set it on the floor in front of the shower. Leave the shower curtain open a little so the baby can see you.

• 7 months ago

Let him cry it won't be that long

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.