Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

what are some of the best foods for your health?

my diet is weird and i eat vegan sometimes and then i eat meat other times and i hear conflicting opinions about what's healthy and whats not so if anyone could give advice that would be great.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

A properly balanced diet, which contains enough vitamines minerals and protein. Choose food with less fat and sugar bud don t just ignore fat and sugar, our body does need few amounts of fats and sugar as well.

Some of the best food for human health are:

vegetables

fruits

berries

beans

lentils

nuts

eggs

(sweet potato, broccoli, Asparagus, Avacado these are most ignored healthy food, but they are very important to our body)

these are the just the list but you have to make a balanced diet

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

I'm assuming you are an omnivore, here's a healthy meal sample for you to try, 3 meals with 2 snacks-

Breakfast-

2 eggs sunny side up

1 piece whole wheat toast with light butter

banana

10 oz grapefruit juice

Snack-

ants on a log

Lunch-

Turkey burger with lettuce, tomato, and mustard on whole wheat buns

sweet potato fries

bottle water

Snack-

Mango

Dinner-

2 chicken tacos with shredded lettuce and cheese

side salad

bottle water

Source(s): vegetarian athlete
  • 6 months ago

Tacos and gummy bears

• There aren't "best foods" for your health. There is healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle. Michael Pollan (author/journalist) wrote an amazing article for the NY Times back in 2007. It's a rather dense read, so make sure you have plenty of time. https://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/magazine/28nutr... He starts with this simple statement

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Then goes into the detail of what that really means. It can be rather life-altering.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

First, eat everything as close to how it comes naturally. Avoid prepared and packaged pre-made foods.

Two guidelines for each meal: what and how much

Half of every plate should be vegetables. Best to have a couple of different vegetables. And for this classification, they do NOT include potatoes or corn as a vegetable.

Eat as wide a variety of vegetables as possible, including: lettuce, kale, spinach, chard, onion, carrots, green beans, peas, squash (any type), sweet potatoes, celery, tomatoes, bell pepper, beets, turnips, rutabaga, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, I like to make a stir fry out of 4-5 veggies, giving me a full range of nutrients (I do not make a sauce ... sesame oil and soy sauce and fresh-ground black pepper provide the flavors).

One-quarter of every plate should be protein in some form:

For meat eaters: Lean meats (poultry), seafood (salmon at least once a week for the Omega-3 content).

For non-meat eaters: Legumes (the seeds of any of the varieties of beads: black beans, garbanzo beans, soy beans, lentils, etc), low-fat milk or low-fat cheese, nuts, seeds, quinoa, eggs.

One-quarter complex carbohydrate:

Corn, potatoes, whole wheat or whole grain pasta, whole wheat or whole grain bread.

Fruit for snacks.

Avoid butter ... use olive or sesame oil instead.

Avoid factory-made, prepared foods.

Avoid fried foods.

Avoid foods with while flour and/or sugars in it (and sugars include honey, sugar, brown sugar, any ingredient ending in "-ose", corn syrup, etc).

Avoid soda pop and alcohol.

And choose whole fresh fruit over fruit juices.

Drink 6-8 glass of water a day.

• Louis
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Too many to list here but I can steer you in the right direction.

Dr. Gregar has written a book on this. It's called "How Not To Die". He also has a website, called Nutrition Facts, and a pretty good YouTube channel.

Now that is a lot of homework, but in the meantime, you can get started pretty easy with this checklist. Just print it, laminate it, and hang it on the fridge. Or you can get the app.

https://veganuary.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/D...

• 6 months ago

Everything is healthiest when it's in its' natural state. Fresh, raw fruits and vegetables, beans, grains. As you step further away from the natural state, add preservatives, etc, the less healthy it gets. If your great grand parents wouldn't recognize it as food, it's probably not something you should eat.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

A balanced diet that contains plenty of fruit and vegetables and avoids lots of salt, sugar and fat is “healthy”. The sort of diet that ordinary people have traditionally eaten.

Added, suggesting that all food is at its healthiest when consumed raw is crazy!

There really is no issue, just eat a “normal”, balanced diet.

• Flour for Algernon
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

EVERY animal on this planet, apart from humans, eats raw food. It is what's healthiest. I'm not saying to never eat anything cooked, but many nutrients are lost through cooking.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.