debra asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 months ago

Just a quick question and some thoughts as to why gender studies was abandoned?

whats the sense of placing the level 7's on the leader board when they left all of us.

when I was a level 7, on many board mnind you, I did my best to check in daily to make sure that if someone needed my help I was there for them, that's just who I am, the people here and just selfish greedy people, all consumed by the leader board. I say the board isn't fare. or is it fair? I cant tell anymore.

I see chem flunky is making a come back. I never understood her name, im leary of her because of her jealousy towards me, I haven't blocked her, yet, but she needs to accept me for who I am,

so, just so you know, that I know that you will remove me and this question, that's ok, some people will read it before your puppets hurt me. I just feel that ya coffee was the heart and soul of yahoo, that when she went back to teaching, this place fell apart. its your own faults, but you know what? the student gained a great teacher.

• Elana

Some of us are still here.

Yes, there has been enough trolling on all sides to make some just give up.

I'm still around because every once in awhile (and believe me, it is rare), somebody will have an intelligent question based on actual facts with real supporting evidence, or someone will provide an answer with real thought and evidence.

Damn rare, mind you, but it happens.

And YES, I DO miss YAC though I frequently disagreed with her, because at least some of the time, she had good sources for why she thought the way she did. A lot of her arguments were well thought out, coherent and articulate. That doesn't mean I agreed with her, but she occasionally made me think and she FREQUENTLY made me read.

And of course, some answers are just funny. I don't find trolls that funny (they are usually just pathetic), but we occasionally get good/useful answers that leave me laughing.

(And yes, the reCaptcha stuff is getting really annoying)

• ?

I agree with you about YA Coffee. Oh, she had a tendency to let others work her into a frenzy, but I miss her. I disagreed with much of what she said, but people abused her and provoked her into lashing out, then reported her for lashing out. She was capable of a civil, enlightening conversation if you could get her to calm down. We had a couple of private discussion by Y!A email (not using real email addresses) that were truly edifying.

For her sake, I'm glad she left. I'm glad you know where she went. I was concerned for her. I truly hope she's happy. If you are in contact with her, please pass along my best wishes. I hope she still has my email address. I sent it to her a time or two. Tell her I'd love to hear from her if she doesn't mind. I thought of her as a friend, though I know neither of us truly knew the other.

As to the rest of your question: Y!A as a whole just isn't what it used to be. It started with the format change and has gotten progressively worse. Half the time, the site just plain doesn't work. Before you ask why I keep coming back … nostalgia, I think. I remember how great it USED to be.

Level 7s are still around. Hard to believe anyone is here for the leader board, like it's some kind of game or something. I enjoy answering questions and getting some feedback.

Yahoo! Answers as a whole was abandoned. The changes Verizon made like minimum character answers and reCaptcha are making veterans irritated. The leaderboard scores should honestly be reset. The whole site as a whole should have a points reset tbh. If anything, Top Answerers is a relic of a past. A past where you could vote for your own answer when the asker abandoned their own questions and give yourself best answer by having multiple sock accounts to help the votes along. A time of cheating to the top. A time of unchecked power with Level 7's being able to nuke questions and answers they didn't agree with. A time when being the oldest on the site meant something. But alas, all bad things have to come to an end eventually.

A lot of feminists here are up to dirty tricks and abuse the men, its sad they should have been banned from this site by now

Aren't other people using reddit/discord/twitter etc... now? I'm surprised this relic is still going.

• debra6 months agoReport

yes, maybe common sense, waldo, jerry and façade should go there.