Does god appose gays if they dont have sex?

I was reading some parts of the bible where they talk about sexual perversions. Not just gays but everyone like a man sticking his penis in a gas tank is one, it a girl using a dildo. A man sleeping with another man is one because they can have babies so they are just pleasuring themselves. But I never read anything about just being gay. Only practicing gay acts.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I read of a guy who studied Bibles as were published going back through history.

He has discovered that at around 500 years everyones your favorite anti gay verse were not as we read them today. Someone during a translation into English altered the message. Just as an example of that, the faithful old Leviticus 18 and 20. .

I quote what we read today:

-----------------------------

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

What is interesting is that it use to say the following.

"You shall not lie with a boy as with a woman; it is an abomination."

"If a man lies with a boy as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Think about that for a moment. If for no other reason, the one thing it does explain is why there is no anti pedophile verses in the Bible, how could there be if someone eliminated them. Seriously if God was the high moral being that we are told he is, surly pounding a 10 year old would have to rate as bad over two adults sharing love.

Someone has pulled the wool over your eyes.

The mystery gets better as this guy took his discovery, copies of the old Bible and the news ones to the leaders of the Christian church in his country, they did not want to know. Get this, they said its been like that for thousands of years.

Well no it has not been like that. In other words they don't want to know that the Bible use to condemn pedophilia.

Honestly this discovery should see any moral person up in arms as it says that pedophiles have worked their way into the church and created a safe place for their kind and deflect attention by targeting another group.

• ...Show all comments
    • Rob
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Here is another biblical scholar's analysis of Leviticus
      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/21/opinion/sunday/bible-prohibit-gay-sex.html
      His theory is that it was edited.
      Not that it matters but it is interesting.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

YES! God hates the thought of homosexuality as well as the act

• abcdef
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Your god "hates" and yet I thought the Christian god was a god of love. I guess you're not a Christian.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

A gay man can consecrate his body to God and abstain from sins of the flesh.

• 7 months ago

Only men oppose gays.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

What does your god say about fetishes ? Is that mentioned in your bible ?

• 7 months ago

No, God doesn't oppose them even if they have sex.

• 7 months ago

Moses was against sodomy in particular, which was and is a common practice among nomadic shepherds separated from their families for long periods while tending to grazing flocks ("see "Brokeback Mountain"), because he wanted sex to be saved for baby-making. Paul's diatribes against man-on-man sex were about pagan ceremonies and rituals where men and women had gay sex deliberately and specifically because it was "against nature" and not because of any sexual attraction. The people of the Bible didn't show any understanding of homosexual attraction itself. If God was as concerned with homosexuality and sexual practices as are modern day believers, he surely would mentioned it his Commandments and Jesus would have included it in his sermons, which often dealt with love, without exceptions.. As for S&G, the Bible says they were destroyed for not welcoming strangers and for raping angels, not just for having sex. The only reference to what might be homosexual attraction is the description of the love between David and Jonathan as more than "brotherly love." It seems unlikely that the Christian God would care that someone's crush is the same gender, whether they have sex or not.

• Rob
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

It doesn't say anything about being gay because people didn't understand sexual orientation back then. The parts that most strongly condemn "homosexual sin" condemn the exploitation and violence, not once does it condemn 'being gay'. There are other parts of the bible involving "heterosexual sin" and it condemns those for the same reason. The bible is also largely interpreted in different ways due to different teachings, translated totally differently, inconsistent with other religous texts that reference the same events, self contradictory from "gospel" to "gospel" and full of ancient laws which Christians don't follow.

• 7 months ago

Could you share the passages of the Bible that describes putting penis in gas tanks, or using a dildo, please?

• Brigh6 months agoReport

Lmao they were just examples

• abcdef
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The examples you sited are not in any Bible I've ever read. But to question. What you're talking about is being celibate - having no sex. Certainly there are some religious people who would opt for that kind of life. How well it works one just has to look at the Roman Catholic clergy to answer that question. Does it create a happy, well-adjusted individual? Depends on the individual. How do we know for sure what God opposes and doesn't? The Christian god is a god of love, or so we're told. Some of his followers do not love. They prefer hate to love. I don't see how one can be happy and well-adjusted unless one is completely real to oneself. Living a life without love (physical as well as emotional) can be very lonely. Some will say that it is natural and okay but I think for the vast majority of us, such a life is not what we want. Gay sex can be an act of love. How and why would any decent god oppose such an act? Well, just my thoughts. Others are bound to disagree and they can quote scripture. But for the most part, scripture is interpretive, written a long time ago and by men. There are many things that are allowed in scripture that are frowned upon today (eg. slavery, having many wives, beating children who disobey), etc. I don't "get" why evangelicals obsess on the homosexual act when there are so many things in that scriptures apparently oppose.

• 6 months agoReport

see any whoremonger parades lately

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.