Kawaii asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 6 months ago

What do I pack for my trip to Japan?

My school has a trip to Japan in February and I was wondering if anyone could help me with what type of clothing accessories etc should pack. I know February is a long way from now but there are huge sales going on in my city and if I can buy something now during sales I want to know. I will be going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Hakone. The trip is 1 week long and I’m wondering how much clothing I should pack, what type of clothing and what exactly is a necessity? Since the school won’t allow students to go to shops alone, I’m needing to buy everything from where I live. I don’t have access to shops like target and walmart since I live in the UAE (Dubai to be exact). Since it’s pretty hot here, i doubt there will be any clothing for harsh winters so linking some websites will be a great help!

Favorite Answer

Considering where you live, Japan will feel cold to you. The temperature around that time of the year hovers around the low fifties, and it's often just as cold inside as outside. American styles of clothing are common, but avoid dressing like a slouch. Also, bring plenty of thick, clean socks as you'll be asked to remove your shoes in almost any home, as well as a few businesses.

Japanese ATMs suck, so carry cash. Expect prices to be high. You may see things randomly written in English that make no sense because people there like English the same way Americans like Japanese... aka. They just think it looks cool and don't research what the hell it means.

Traditionally, like the majority of Asian nations, peanuts are treated in a savory way, and so if you enjoy peanut butter snacks you should bring them with you because they will not be available. Peanut Butter Cups are insanely popular, and as Vulcan mentioned, so is the cereal. Be sure to try Japanese candies, especially the Kit Kats, because they're all insane.

Can you buy clothing online from Amazon? If not I'm sure some retailers are allowed to do business online in your country.

Tokyo is cold in the winter. The Japanese are very fashion conscious. There are lots and lots of YouTube documentaries and blogs about Japan. The rules of courtesy are very important,and learning a few phrases will make things easier. That's not hard, Japanese is easy to pronounce.

A whole suitcase of Reese's Peanut Butter Cereal. You cannot find it in Japan, but the people fricken love it. You'll get rich selling it on street corners.

lots and lots of self defense weapons. prepare for the most public rape per capita in a non-muslim country.