what does the slang word cop mean?

like i’ve heard ppl use it before but idk exactly what it means. like someone will say “i’m gonna cop her.” or like “ he’s copped” idk that’s just how i’ve heard ppl use it but maybe i’m wrong?

There are several meanings associated with the word 'cop', and there's evidence that they all have a similar origin. The use of 'cop' reportedly first appeared in the 18th century and is believed to come from the Latin word 'capere' which means capture, snatch or seize. To 'cop a feel' would mean to grab (her) inappropriately.

We also refer to police as 'cops'. This may be due to their historic copper badges, but it may also be connected to the 'capture' origin. From a criminal's perspective, the person capturing (or copping) them would be a 'copper'.

Cop has many meanings - cop a feel, copping off with someone etc - but here I believe means 'get' in an amorous way (or hook up with). In the examples you suggest - he's copped means he has got off with someone, or I'm gonna cop (off) with her means the same sort of thing.

"I'm gonna catch her in the act", "he was caught in the act". I believe that's what it means. I might be wrong here but the term might have popped up because you may also call the police "cops". When the police catch somebody people may also say "that person got copped". This because the police caught them. Other ways of saying it maybe "that person got nicked" though "nicked" seems a bit more 70s to 90s.

It's sort of like "lending".