What are the certain factors to keep in mind while selecting an Overhead Water Tank for Your home?

Overhead Water Tanks is one of the most essential and important product for every structure that’s being built today. Mainly used for storage purpose, these Water Tanks have a capacity to store water up to about 25000 Litres. Water is used for many purposes and therefore choosing the right Water Tank for all these applications becomes very critical.

These water storage tanks are for the firefighters to have a gravity feed water reserve in case the high rise building electrical fire riser pipe pumps fail to run, so there is a gravity reserve available via check valves at the sprinkler riser pipes. It's only required in 15+ above gound level occupied building structures. A 60 floor high rise will usually have 3 of them, one at the 25th floor, one at the 40th floor, and one up on the roof in the air handler rooms to provide emergency fire sprinkler operation if the power goes out and the backup gen set fails to start and run the fire sprinkler riser pipe pumps.

• elhigh

25000 liters is equivalent to over 6500 gallons, which is more water than my entire home consumes in a month and weighs about 50,000 pounds - or, if you prefer, 25,000 kilograms. However you look at it, it's a lot of weight to have over your head, and I'm pretty sure that NO residence will ever keep that much water overhead.

No home I have ever lived in had an overhead water tank or, indeed, an attic mounted water heater. No home I have ever worked on had such. No home I have ever visited.

I think it isn't nearly as essential as you claim.

Many places no longer have a requirement for stored water - which can easily become contaminated; tanks are expensive, a waste of valuable space and require additional structure.

• Snezzy

Yes, it must be super-critical. Why don't I have one?

Yes, I'm sure most of us know what an overhead water tank is.